Creamy Taco Soup
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 1 Fist sized Potato
- 1 Small Onion
- 15.5 Oz Can of diced tomatos
- 15 Oz Can of sweet corn
- 15.5 Oz Can of black beans
- 1 Tbs garlic Minced or diced
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk Unsweetened
- 1 Cup Fresh mushroom Diced
- 2 Tbs Taco seasoning
- 1 Tbs Cilantro
- Salt and pepper To taste
- There are a few steps prior to starting the soup. You will boil the potato’s for the creamy sauce, purée the diced tomatoes and water sauté the onions.
Creamy potato sauce
- Start by dicing and boiling a fist sized potato for about ten minutes until a fork is easily pushed into them.
- Drain potatoes and add to blender along with the diced or minced garlic and about a half cup of the black beans. Also include about a half cup of unsweetened almond milk so the mixture will blend.
- After blending you will have a mashed potato looking mixture. Set aside for later.
- Purée the diced tomato’s until smooth.
- Set aside until later.
- Drain corn. Then drain and rinse black beans. Set aside for later.
- Dice mushrooms. Set aside for later
- Dice onion and set aside for later.
Let’s cook the soup!
- First water sauté the onions and mushrooms until soft and translucent.
- On a medium heat add tomato purée, corn and the rest of the black beans.
- Stir in the creamy potato mixture into the soup.
- Add cilantro and Taco seasonings. Stir them in.
- Stir often for 10-15 minutes covering in between to reduce splatter.
- When done serve with fresh Pico de Gallo.
I make this with out jalapeños or other peppers. So add to this recipe to fit your tastes!
Also consider adding extra boiled potatoes, rice, black olives, celery...whatever strikes your fancy! This is just a base recipe to get the creamy consistency.
I serve with about a cup of Pico de Gallo and a splash of red hot for spicy heat...enjoy!
Share this Recipe