Black Bean, Mushroom Vege Burger
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 Tbs Ground flax seed (Add 4-6 Tbs of water to create "flax eggs")
- 3/4 Cup Diced onion
- 3/4 Cup Diced mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Ground Oats (Consider pulsing the oats so it doesn't get too fine)
- 15.5 oz Black Beans
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Caribbean Jerk Marinade (I use Lowry's)
- Caraway seed (Sprinkle on prior to cooking to taste)
- Start by mixing the flax with 2-4 Tbs of water in a bowl and set to the side.
- Dice onion and mushrooms. "Water" sauté in a non-stick pan until water is completely gone.
- Use food processor or high speed mixer to grind Oats to a slightly "chunky" consistency. Set aside next to flax eggs.
- Drain and rinse beans. Then in a mixing bowl use potato masher and mash to a "chunky" consistency.
- Put it all together. In your mixing bowl add Beans, flax "eggs", onions and mushrooms, Oats, cumin and carribean jerk marinade. Mix well to a chunky wet paste.
- Cut 6" x 6" wax paper squares. Scoop out batter on to each square and form the burger shape and thickness you want.
- I use our griddle set to 400 degree's (pre-heated). Then using the wax paper for handling the patties, flip the patty on to the griddle. Peal off the wax paper and discard. Repeat for all patties.
- Cook patties for about 4 minutes per side, then flip the patties for an additional 2 minutes.
Share this Recipe