“Beefy” Soy Curls
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||7 Minutes|
- 4 ounces Dried soy curls
- 4 Cups Hot Water To re-hydrate curls (enough to cover curls)
- 4 Tablespoons Low salt soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 4 Shakes Liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper To taste. (Limit salt)
- Place dry Soy curls in a skillet and cover with water and about 2 tablespoons soy sauce. The water should completely submerge the Soy curls.
- Let sit for about ten minutes until the water is mostly absorbed. Drain off excess water. Add the seasonings, remaining Soy sauce, and liquid smoke, if desired.
- Fry over low-medium heat until the chunks are firm and the mixture resembles ground beef. Stir occasionally to make sure that it cooks evenly and does not stick. The same method should work for any amount of Soy curls, just keep in mind that it will double in size once the water is added.
Share this Recipe